A child’s first and primary teachers are his parents. All parents are encouraged to be true partners with our schools in their child’s education and growth. Our schools have an “open door” policy. Parents and custodial parents are encouraged to visit any time. Observations and conferences may be scheduled at any time by the parent or the teacher.
Several programs are scheduled for parents throughout the year.
- An Orientation Night is held during the first week of school to acquaint parents with the school and our unique Montessori perspective as well as to answer those everyday nitty-gritty questions. (all schools)
- Back to School Night is held in late September. During this night parents are invited to come to a discussion of Montessori ideas with their child’s teacher in their child’s classroom. (all schools)
- Mother’s Night/Day and Father’s Night/Day are two popular events held in the fall and winter each year. During these special events the Montessori child has an opportunity to teach mom or dad lessons in the classroom. The children enjoy this night to show off what they have learned. (all schools)
- Conferences are held in late January to discuss your child’s progress during the school year. A written progress report is issued in November each year. A parent or teacher may request a conference at any time to discuss their child. (all schools)
- Parent Coffees are held periodically throughout the year on Friday mornings to enable parents an informal opportunity to get to know one another. (all schools)
- Playground Play Dates are held in the fall and spring to help children introduce their parents to their new friends. (Cedar Lane)
- All School Picnics and Festivals are held at the individual schools. Check the calendars for more information.
- International Day is observed in lieu of Halloween. During this special day the children dress in a costume representing another land or a period in USA history. They have a party with foods from many lands and a special parade and opportunity to perform for their parents. (all schools)
Finally, we love to have parents come to school and share with us their special interest, hobby, homeland or job. Please speak with the director of your school or your child’s teacher if you would like to come to share with us.